This agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions governing the relationship between you (“you”, “yours”) and MEEST CHINA– SIMITE SHIPPING SERVICE CO., LTD (“MEEST CHINA”, “we”, “us”, “our”) about your utilization and access of the website located at www.meestcn.cn or/and any other websites owned or operated by MEEST CHINA or any portions thereof (collectively, the “Website”), our logistic service (including refunds), and any resources, features, functionality, or services made available through the Website and/or cabinet.
Scope: These terms govern your use of and access to the MEEST CHINA website (www.meestcn.cn) and any other websites owned or operated by MEEST CHINA, including any resources, features, functionality, or services provided through the website or a cabinet.
Modifications and Discontinuation: MEEST CHINA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, refuse, or discontinue the website, cabinet, or services offered (or any part thereof) with or without notice. MEEST CHINA shall not be held liable to you or any third party for any claims or losses resulting from such modifications, suspensions, or discontinuations.
By accessing and using the Website and/or cabinet, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms. This applies to both registered and non-registered users of MEEST CHINA, and your compliance with these Terms is mandatory. MEEST CHINA reserves the right to modify, add, or remove any portions of these Terms at any time, without incurring any liability or providing notice to you. Your continued use of the Website and/or cabinet signifies your acceptance and agreement to any and all such changes. It is your responsibility to regularly check the Website or cabinet for any updates to these Terms and review them accordingly. If you do not agree to comply with these Terms or any future modifications, please refrain from accessing or using the Website or cabinet. Additionally, MEEST CHINA may introduce additional terms, conditions, rules, or requirements about the Website and/or cabinet, as well as the associated services and features. All such terms, conditions, rules, or requirements are or will be considered part of these Terms and you are obligated to abide by them. MEEST CHINA may also offer other services or features that are governed by separate terms and conditions, as determined at its sole discretion.
MEEST CHINA’s Role in Transactions
MEEST CHINA operates a logistic service that facilitates the transportation of goods from China to destinations worldwide, exclusively for merchants who adhere to MEEST CHINA’s policies for offering and shipping specific items. It is important to note that MEEST CHINA does not participate directly in the transactions between buyers and merchants. Therefore, any rights you may have regarding a purchased item are solely against the merchant from whom you made the purchase, and not against MEEST CHINA.
As an agent, MEEST CHINA’s role involves processing shipments, providing first and last-mile services, and offering warehouse services when necessary. We receive and store parcels or cargo on behalf of our clients, who are responsible for payment.
MEEST CHINA serves as a bridge connecting suppliers, merchants, and recipients. In the event of any fraud-related risks associated with customers, MEEST CHINA will conduct an investigation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact MEEST CHINA Support at email@example.com. We are here to assist you.
The Service provided by MEEST CHINA encompasses various tools for media sharing, communication, personalized content, and e-commerce. It is important to understand and agree that the Service may contain advertisements, which contribute to MEEST CHINA’s ability to provide the Service. Additionally, the Service may include certain communications from MEEST CHINA.
By utilizing the Website, cabinet, or Service, you will be considered to have opted in to receive email communications from us. You also agree that “MEEST CHINA,” with registration number 65256545 and registered address FLAT/RM 302 DOMINION CENTRE 43-59 QUEEN’S ROAD EAST WANCHAI HK, as well as any other part or division of MEEST CHINA, may collect, process, and/or share your personal data (including sensitive data) and other information with our partners. This is done to facilitate the provision of the Service or any other relevant purpose associated with it. Upon your initial sign-in, your preferences will be automatically set to allow interactions with us.
Sales, Custom, and Value-added services
To ensure compliance with consumer legislation, we highly recommend that our clients adhere to the requirements concerning customs and value-added taxes (VAT). It is essential to maintain good standing about these taxes.
Please be aware that purchases made by end customers may be subject to various sales, customs, or value-added taxes, for which you are responsible. These taxes may vary depending on the jurisdiction and could result in increased shipping time and associated costs. As an importer of goods when placing orders through the Website or cabinet, it is your sole responsibility to fully comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
We strongly advise you to familiarize yourself with the specific tax requirements and legal obligations relevant to your purchases and ensure timely and accurate payment of any applicable taxes.
Claims and Claim Deadlines
It is important to promptly report any visible damage, loss, or shortage upon delivery. If you notice any such issues, please notify us immediately.
For non-apparent damage, loss, or shortage that is not immediately visible, please ensure that you notify us within 3 days from the delivery date. Please note that Sundays and public holidays are excluded from this time frame.
To ensure that we can address any concerns or issues promptly, we kindly request that you report any damage, loss, or shortage as soon as possible within the specified timeframes mentioned above.
There are no more claims or any other service request would accepted when the parcel is delivered more than 30 days.
MEEST CHINA has specific restrictions on certain items and does not accept the following:
- Certain classes of dangerous goods: Items that are classified as hazardous materials or dangerous goods by relevant regulatory authorities.
- Weapons and ammunition: Firearms, explosives, or any items designed for use in causing harm or injury.
- Wastes: Hazardous or toxic waste materials.
- Living botanicals: Live plants or plant material that may require special permits or inspections.
- Livestock and animals: Live animals, including pets or livestock.
- Derivatives of endangered species: Products made from or containing parts of endangered species, such as skin, fur, teeth, shells, feathers, blood, or plant seeds.
- Bulk material: Commodities that are transported in large quantities, without individual packaging.
- Removal of goods: Personal belongings or household goods being moved or relocated.
- Money and/or valuables: Cash, valuable items, or items of significant monetary worth.
- Cheques, ready-to-use credit cards, coins, fiscal stamps: Financial instruments, or payment-related items.
- Securities (guarantees): Documents representing financial value or investment instruments.
- Precious metals, precious stones, jewelry: Valuable metals, gemstones, or jewelry items.
- Art and antiques: Valuable or collectible artwork or antique items.
- Tobacco products: Cigarettes, cigars, or other tobacco-related products.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and additional restrictions may apply. It is important to consult with MEEST CHINA or refer to their specific guidelines and policies to ensure compliance and proper handling of your shipments.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The services provided by MEEST CHINA are subject to the laws of the country where the billing entity of MEEST CHINA is domiciled. In case of any claims or disputes, the courts of that country will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle them. Additionally, any local freight forwarding conditions of that country will also apply.
The regular transit times indicated in the timetables are provided in good faith. However, it is important to note that these transit times, except for MEEST CHINA, are not agreed time limits but rather non-binding standard lead times. Therefore, they serve as an approximate estimation rather than a guaranteed delivery time frame.
Arrived packages at the MEEST CHINA warehouse without a created transport order in our system ( or for which an order was created with errors that do not allow identifying the order) – are stored in the warehouse for 1 month from the date of receipt at the warehouse, after which they will be disposed of without notice or compensation.
Parcels in the MEEST CHINA warehouse with incorrect data, due to which parcel cannot be transferred for delivery, are stored in the MEEST CHINA warehouse no longer for 1 month, after the end of 1 month time which they will be disposed of without compensation. A client has a full duty to create orders by themselves and offer correct recipient information to MEEST CHINA.
Documentation and Information
So that the order can be correctly processed, the Customer is required to provide:
1) A transfer order must be created before the goods arrive at the MEEST CHINA warehouse. In case of creating an order after the arrival of the cargo at the warehouse – MEEST CHINA is not responsible for the processing time.
2) For groupage shipments: labels printed according to the requirements of MEEST CHINA Label Specification and such labels properly (in particular in an unremovable way) attached by Customer to all individual packages of a shipment before handover to MEEST CHINA. The declaration number for local delivery to the MEEST CHINA warehouse must be attached to the outside of the package.
3) Copies of the commercial invoice if necessary.
4) Export customs documents or other necessary accompanying documents (if applicable). Furthermore, the Customer is required to provide MEEST CHINA following information: addresses (in particular consignor’s address and consignee’s address), marks, numbers, and symbols for handling, as well as the number, type, and contents of each package; the characteristics of the goods and; all other important information necessary for the orderly processing and safe carriage of the shipment. The Customer is responsible for all consequences resulting from missing or incorrectly completed documentation or information. The completion of particular documents, in particular, but not limited to the attaching of labels to packages by MEEST CHINA, will be invoiced separately.
5) Arrived packages at the MEEST CHINA warehouse without a created transport order ( or for which an order was created with errors that do not allow identifying the order) – are stored in the warehouse for 1 month from the date of receipt at the warehouse, after which they will be disposed of without notice or compensation
6) Parcels in the MEEST CHINA warehouse with incorrect data, due to which parcel cannot be transferred for delivery, are stored in the MEEST CHINA warehouse for 1 month, after which they will be disposed of without compensation
For international cross-border transportation, is or MEEST CHINA shall be deemed to be entitled to the limitations and exclusions of liability provided by the provisions of CMR. For domestic road transportation, the terms of the relevant national freight forwarders association shall apply to limit MEEST CHINA’s liability. In the absence of such terms, MEEST CHINA’s liability shall be deemed to be limited by the CMR. However, nothing in these terms disapplies any mandatory provisions of domestic transport law. MEEST CHINA does not accept any liability for consequential losses and damages in addition to its liability as set out above.
Liability (1) MEEST CHINA’s liability for any and all services is strictly limited to direct loss and damage to a Shipment only and to the limits of liability set out in this file. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest, and future business), whether such loss or damage is special or indirect, and even if the risk of such loss or damage was brought to MEEST CHINA’s attention before or after acceptance of the Shipment. (2) MEEST CHINA’s liability in respect of any one Shipment is limited to RMB 200.00 for small packages 0,01 – 2 kg and RMB 600.00 for big packages 2.01 – 30kg or the actual value of the Shipment, whichever is lower.
(3) If the Sender regards the limits as insufficient it must either request for Shipment Value Protection as described above or make its insurance arrangements. (4) All claims must be submitted in writing to MEEST CHINA within thirty (30) days from the date that MEEST CHINA accepted the Shipment, failing which MEEST CHINA shall have no liability whatsoever. Claims are limited to one claim per Shipment, the settlement of which will be a full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith. All of the original shipping cartons, packing, and contents must be made available for MEEST CHINA’s inspection and retained until the claim is concluded. MEEST CHINA is not obliged to act on any claim until all service charges have been paid.
(1) Sender warrants that neither the receipt, transportation nor the delivery of its Shipments will expose MEEST CHINA or its employees, servants, agents, subcontractors, insurers, or reinsurers to any sanction, prohibition or penalty (or any risk of sanction, prohibition or penalty) whatsoever imposed by any state, country, international governmental organization or other relevant authority (collectively “Sanctions”) because of the content of the Shipments, any insurance of the Shipments taken out by the Sender or any other person with an interest in the Shipments, the destination of the Shipments, the intended consignee of the Shipments or the purchaser or end user of the content of the Shipments. (2) Sender warrants in particular, that: (a) Shipments shall not include any goods which appear on any applicable list of prohibited goods as shall be determined from time to time by the country of origin, country of destination and any transit countries; (b) delivery of its Shipment to the intended consignee will not, in and of itself, contravene any of the prohibitions set forth from time to time by the country of origin, country of destination and any transit countries; and (c) delivery of this Shipment to the intended consignee will not, in and of itself, result in any funds or economic resources being made available directly or indirectly to or for the benefit of any person entity or body which is listed or designated in any Sanctions or legislation covering Denied Parties as set forth from time to time by the country of origin, country of destination and any transit countries. (3) The Sender agrees to provide MEEST CHINA immediately on request with full information about the nature of its Shipment and their intended use, as well as the identities of all parties that have any legal, financial, or commercial interest in the Shipment. (4) MEEST CHINA is entitled to inspect Shipments and, in particular, is entitled to access any data or information contained in any electronic storage medium and MEEST CHINA shall not be responsible for any delay or damage caused as a result of that inspection provided that MEEST CHINA shall take reasonable care in inspecting the Shipment. Where data or information is protected by a password, details of that password shall be provided to MEEST CHINA by the Sender on request. (5) Sender shall indemnify MEEST CHINA against all loss, damage, fines and expenses whatsoever, including but not limited to exposure of MEEST CHINA, its employees, servants, agents, subcontractors, insurers or reinsurers to any Sanctions arising or resulting from any non-declaration or illegal, inaccurate and/or inadequate declaration in respect of the Shipment by the Sender or from any other cause in connection with the Shipment for which MEEST CHINA is not responsible. (6) If it appears, in the reasonable judgment of MEEST CHINA that Shipments (or any activities required in respect of the Shipments by MEEST CHINA or any other person) may expose MEEST CHINA or their employees, servants, agents, subcontractors, insurers or reinsurers to any breach of Sanctions or risk of breach of Sanctions, then: (a) MEEST CHINA may refuse to carry Shipments or alternatively MEEST CHINA may without notice to Sender (but as his agent only) take any measure(s) and/or incur any additional expense to carry or to continue the Shipment thereof, and/or abandon the Shipment and/or store the Shipment ashore or afloat, under cover or in the open, at any place, which abandonment or storage shall be deemed to constitute due performance by MEEST CHINA of all of its obligations in respect of that Shipment; (b) Sender shall indemnify MEEST CHINA against any additional expense so incurred; (c) Sender shall indemnify MEEST CHINA against any and all claims whatsoever brought by any third party in respect of the Shipments; and (d) MEEST CHINA may, without notice to Sender, provide any state, country, international governmental organization or other relevant authority with full information about the Shipments, including the identities of all parties which have any legal, financial or commercial interest in the Shipments.
MEEST CHINA requires all goods to be adequately packed for transport. The customer is responsible for ensuring that the packaging is suitable to protect the goods during transportation. If inadequate packaging results in damage to the goods, the liability for such damage rests with the customer.
In the case of groupage cargo, where multiple shipments are consolidated into a single shipment, the goods must be packed in a way that allows for easy dispatch. If the packaging is not suitable for stacking or if it poses difficulties in loading, the paying weight will be calculated based on the number of loading meters occupied in the truck.
Proper packaging is essential to ensure the safety and integrity of the goods during transportation. It is the customer’s responsibility to package the goods appropriately to prevent any damage or loss.
For Shops, the invoice is automatically issued to the Meest+ system after the parcel has been processed at the MEEST CHINA warehouse. The payment terms are 3 days net from the date of invoice. Unpaid parcels are stored in the MEEST CHINA warehouse for 1 month, after which they will be disposed of without notice or compensation. MEEST CHINA keeps the authority to charge clients for storage and parcel destruction.
For Shops the invoice is automatically issued to Meest+ after the parcel has been processed at the MEEST CHINA warehouse terms are 3 days net from the date of invoice. Unpaid parcels are stored in the MEEST CHINA warehouse for 1 month, after which they will be disposed of without notice or compensation.
MEEST CHINA offers Cargo Insurance to clients to secure the value of their shipments during transport. This insurance provides coverage for the actual repair or replacement costs, up to the insured value, in the event of any physical loss or damage to the shipment.
By opting for Cargo Insurance, customers can have peace of mind knowing that their goods are protected against potential risks and uncertainties during transportation. In the unfortunate event of loss or damage, the insurance coverage will compensate the customer for the costs incurred, up to the insured value.
Customers should consider their shipment’s value and the potential risks involved to make an informed decision regarding whether to obtain Cargo Insurance. This additional coverage can help mitigate financial losses and provide added security for valuable or delicate shipments.
The Client is responsible for ensuring that they have fulfilled all legal obligations regarding the personal data provided to MEEST CHINA, including consignee data necessary for transport, delivery, and logistics services. This may include information such as names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
MEEST CHINA acknowledges that it may need to process the data provided by the Client to fulfill the contractual obligations and comply with legal requirements. In certain circumstances, MEEST CHINA may be obligated to disclose personal data or shipment data to courts and authorities as required by law. Except for legal requests from the government, MEEST CHINA is responsible for ensuring the safety of client’s data.
“Force Majeure” means about either Party, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that Party, including, without limitation, acts of God, compliance with any acts of any governmental or other authority, war or national emergency, riots, civil commotion, acts of terrorism, piracy, fire, explosion, flood, criminal acts, any information security-related threats including cyberattacks, severe weather conditions, epidemic, pandemic, lock-outs, strikes and other industrial disputes (in each case whether or not referring to that Party’s or subcontractors’ workforce), shortage of labor, materials and services and inability or delay in obtaining supplies. Neither Party shall be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement or any Statement of Work or otherwise liable to the other Party for damages (including but not limited to loss, damage, or delay to Goods) or otherwise for any failure, partial failure or delay in performing any of its duties or obligations under this Agreement or any Statement of Work (other than breach of an obligation to make payment of any sum due under this Agreement) to the extent such failure is due to Force Majeure. If a Party’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement or any Statement of Work is affected by Force Majeure, the date for performance of such obligation shall be deemed suspended for a period equal to the delay caused by such Force Majeure and the affected Party shall resume prompt performance (including a reasonable startup period) as soon as such Force Majeure shall have ceased. The provisions hereof shall not apply to monetary amounts due or owing by either Party to the other. The Party affected by Force Majeure shall use commercially reasonable efforts to give notice to the other Party, specifying the nature and extent of the Force Majeure as soon as reasonably practicable after becoming aware of the Force Majeure. Both Parties will use all reasonable endeavors to mitigate the effects of Force Majeure on the performance of the Agreement and any Statement of Work. For the avoidance of doubt, a closedown of IT systems, sectors, or segments thereof due to an information security-related threat or attack shall always be deemed to be a mitigation action. If, because of a Force Majeure, MEEST CHINA can only fulfill its obligations by incurring additional costs, then such reasonable and agreed additional costs shall be borne by the Customer.
Pick-up & delivery outside standard working hours or to restricted areas
1) Shipments should be prepared and ready for pickup at the agreed-upon time within standard working hours (Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 18:00). Upon specific customer request and if the booking is made before 12:00 pm, shipments may be collected on the same day. The areas eligible for same-day pickup and the latest booking times for each area are determined by each MEEST CHINA location. Upon truck arrival at the recipient’s premises, the recipient must be available to accept the delivery during standard working hours.
2) It is important for the customer to pre-advise and mark the shipment as a MEEST CHINA shipment to ensure proper identification and handling.
3) Customers must comply with customs requirements for their shipments. This includes providing accurate and complete customs documentation, declaring the contents of the shipment, and adhering to any applicable customs regulations and procedures.
4) MEEST CHINA does not allow the pickup of dangerous goods. Customers should refrain from shipping items classified as dangerous goods as defined by relevant regulations and guidelines.
5) MEEST CHINA does not allow to return of parcels from the China warehouse after the parcels are packed and ready to ship.
Customs clearance restrictions
MEEST CHINA only accepts shipments under customs clearance where MEEST CHINA has received the order to do the customs clearance and for which the Customer has provided MEEST CHINA with a valid Power of Attorney for the customs execution. The following Incoterms are allowed for such shipments: DDP, FOB EXW ETC. A transit time will only be binding for shipments under the following conditions: a. All customs documents are provided, and are complete and valid; b. All pre-payments of duties and taxes and required guarantees are effected; c. No physical documents and/or goods inspection; d. No time delay due to block of shipment by customs administration; e. No customs clearance is due for settlement by the recipient.
MEEST CHINA provides DDP and DDU Incoterms services for parcel format. In the case of DDP condition – no customs clearance is due for settlement by the recipient. All service terms were confirmed before shipment, they can’t be changed after the cargo left our Guangzhou warehouse.